Saturday, December 25, 2004

ho ho ho

so this is christmas. I don't really celebrate it. in my dream there was a celebration. at a house in the country, I sat with a group of people, including my sister, having drinks. there were about four of us. some guy came, invited by a friend; we were to have some kind of threesome, but then we didn't. then, a formally-dressed older couple came in, and we all rose. all rose but me, i should remind you; I sat, unaware, and only stood after I realized everyone else was on their feet. Then more people came and I was introduced. Later in the same dream I was riding on a bus that was going up and down incredible steep hills, the sides of the road thickly lined with tall trees. And then, again, boarding another bus, this time in Greece (although I have never been there). But Greece was cold. It must have been winter.

When I took my dog Mabel out for a walk this morning it was remarkably quiet. Almost no one on the street, rare for Brooklyn. Mabel looked around for her friends whom she normally sees on our morning stroll, but no one was out. So she did her thing, we trotted back inside where it was warm, and she had a few extra Christmas treats.

1 comment:

b said...

Merry Xmas Mabel hohoho; should play with my nikkie hohoho
b