Tuesday, January 18, 2005

field music: for christina


field music
Originally uploaded by madabandon.
my former student died on saturday. she was a brilliant, creative and effervescent girl when I taught her; I had known her since she was small, and I will never forget her. she had a magical soul. she was gifted with one of the most naturally beautiful voices I had ever heard, and would have been an extremely great singer. she sang bach and mozart, and she loved to sing jazz. she was a gifted painter and writer. she was so full of excitement for life. almost a year ago, in college, she had a skiing accident and had been in a coma ever since. I will never forget her, and the news of her death--I just found out today, when I went in to teach--has made me so sad. Christina, I can still hear your voice. You sing, an angel.

No comments: