Sunday, January 23, 2005

storm


storm
Originally uploaded by madabandon.
Normally you can see Manhattan (the Empire State Building and environs) and the Brooklyn Bridge from my bedroom window. Not now, though, because it is snowing too hard. This picture makes it look more benign than it is. I love the snow, though. I was born in a blizzard. The storm started yesterday at 11:40 as I was walking down Court Street with Yoshi. Yoshi was not wearing socks, just his converse chucks. He is from Yamagata where it snows all the time in winter. Later I cooked and was drinking some wine and smoking, but our peaceful reverie was shattered by a radiator in the living room which started spewing steam and water all over the place. So I was up throughout the night emptying trays of water, until I finally figured out how to shut off the (broken) valve.

No comments: