Thursday, March 17, 2005

strange

It is very strange using my right eye. It is very frustrating as well. I can't read, I can't watch television (not that I usually do anyway). I can play piano, but I can't read from a score. So now I am cheating by using both eyes. When I was a boy, in first or second grade, I don't remember quite so well, I had to wear a patch over my left eye, because the theory was that it would strengthen the bad eye. So for a full year I could barely see. It was awful. I used to cheat and look over top of my glasses so they replaced the patch, which was attached to the lens, with one over my eye, like a pirate. I think I have blocked out most of that time, because it was no doubt torturous, as I am finding today when I keep my eye covered. But it feels better today and I think in a day or so I will be able to use it. Ok, now I put the patch back on and I will listen to Keith Jarrett and maybe be inspired to practice some more...

No comments: