Tuesday, March 29, 2005

twisted

I had such a bizarre dream last night. Perspective was so twisted; I could not tell if I was an observer, or if the main character, a young-ish guy living in a small town, was actually me. At one point this character was driving a pick-up truck past a rapidly-shifting landscape, partly suburban, partly highway, partly small town; then he/I was taking dancing and acting lessons in a shabby living room with a black-haired man with a strange curled mustache and cape. The overall mood of the dream was tense. I think it must relate to the upcoming interview and the turmoil I have been in about this potential teaching position. I am so torn about what to do. I really don't have a desire to leave NYC, even if I would not truly be leaving. As I was walking around on Sunday, through my neighborhood, I realized how much I love living here and how it is the fulfillment, in a sense, of a dream I have had since I was a boy. So to leave it: what would that mean?

twisted

No comments: