Friday, April 22, 2005

rapture

B. wrote about "Rapture" by Blondie. I had not heard it in many years, so I went to iTunes and downloaded it. Listening to it, I was overwhelmed by an intense burst of memory from a time in my life that I remember with some confusion, some embarassment, but also pride and nostalgia...during a time when I did a lot of things that now scare me, when I walked a tightrope--or as one of my concerned professors once said, I burned the candle at both ends--and my friends used to joke (or maybe they were serious) with me, saying "you are going to die young." Well, I am no longer all that young, and I am not dead. And this song still makes me want to dance. Her voice is haunting, and despite the bouncy groove of it, there is something very dark about this song. It reminds me...

No comments: