Sunday, May 29, 2005

Basquiat

looking

I went with Yoshi to the Brooklyn Museum. The Basquiat exhibit closes in one week and we wanted to see it before it goes. It was unbelievably crowded. They have "two for one" admission on Sundays if you present a metrocard. The exhibit was great as far as the paintings go; some of his work from 1982-1983 is stunning and so expressive I could not take my eyes away. However, my enthusiasm was dampened by two significant things: the crowd, which made it very hard to really take time to look and raised the temperature of the galleries to uncomfortable levels; my queasiness, which was not helped at all by the atmospheric conditions. I don't like crowds at museums. I want to be able to take my time and really see, and with too many people that is not possible. So I bought the catalog and I will look at it in the quiet of my own home. And maybe I will go back on Friday, when it can't possibly be as crowded as it was today.

Afterward, we went to Fort Greene where we finally succeeded in assembling the bed, no small task as it had been dismantled haphazardly and there were no instructions on how to put it together again. Then I put on Nani's wig and made faces.

huh

1 comment:

b said...

u made a good trashy drag queen. great expression...