Tuesday, May 24, 2005

the underminer

My dream last night was so complex and filled with such an odd assortment of people--a mixture of people from my past who have never met each other--and places, but the worst thing is that now, even though I've only been awake for an hour, I can remember only impressions of it. But I felt calm when I woke up, not agitated, so it must have been an ok dream.

I just thought of another book I need to get in addition to the Kramer book. THE UNDERMINER, by Mike Albo and Virginia Heffernan, sounds hilarious. A piece of it was excerpted in the NEW YORKER. The underminer is a character who, while not being in your life often, manages to cut you down every time you converse, making you feel like a loser. A week or so ago I had sent ____________ some pictures that I had taken with my new camera. A few days later, I spoke with _____________ and said "aren't those pictures cool? My new camera is great." _____________ replied "all my friends have cameras like that." Subtle hints of the underminer there.

This morning my eyes are actually feeling much better and although my vision is still not right it is less blurry than it has been. I can see the computer screen without putting my face six inches away. Probably the screen emits some sort of electromagnetic field and I will end up with some nasty tumor growing out of my forehead.


reaching

No comments: