Friday, July 22, 2005

Although I should be over it, the email from my father the other day has set my mind reeling with so many things; the issue of my fractured family, and how it affects me, is one that I am determined to understand. I think by understanding it to my best ability I will perhaps be able to get past it, at least more than I am now. When I think about it now I just become upset, angry and sad. It is painful for me to hear about healthier families. My ex just emailed me to tell me how his parents visited him from overseas, and they traveled around the country. Theo had a long visit from his parents. Lodgerlow spent a week with her father; there was strain as there is bound to be, but from reading her blog I sensed that it was a good thing, above all, to spend time together. But then I think that really, I never spent time with my father as a kid. Why would I expect anything different now, so many years later? I should forget it, move on, consider it something beyond my reach. That is a goal I will set for myself.

1 comment:

edrad80 said...

know were u r coming from, parents and our relationships to them r complicted. did not speak to my father for about ten years but after we got pissed together and had a good chat we r best friends.