Monday, July 04, 2005

centered

center

PA was fun. My nephews are super-cute, and the weather was beautiful. My cousin has moved up from Florida, and she hung out with us. She has a big crazy young dog who was charming and scared Mabel. On the drive, though, three separate cars almost killed us. Each time the car would pull out almost right in front of me, causing me to swerve and slam on the brakes. It is a good thing I have very fast reflexes. I felt as if my car might be invisible. So that was a bit stressful. The last time it happened, on the way home, on Route 202 in PA, my adrenalin was rushing so powerfully through me that I thought I would pass out once the shock wore off.

I have felt quite centered and stable the last few days. It seems that when I feel like I have a solid "family" life then I feel much better in all ways. Loneliness and isolation bring on feelings of insecurity and make me feel like crises loom around every corner. Lessons learned...

No comments: