Wednesday, July 27, 2005

comment on a comment

Lodgerlow wrote this to me:

"Of course it is your weblog, to do with what you wish. But it is ne'rtheless a log of what you thought/felt in days/weeks past. Re-writing your history won't alter it."

And this is absolutely correct. But sometimes I write in the midst of the kind of mind-racing thoughts that I can't control, and I say things I would not say if I stopped for a moment to think. This is one of my bipolar tendencies: the manic in me just yaks away in a manner that the more morose, depressed me would find impossible and/or repugnant. And like most manic people probably do, if they are well enough to be self-aware, I look back on the products of manic episodes with some shame, some cringing, some regret, and in some cases, horror.

1 comment:

madabandon said...

Thank you...I will try to stick to my "no censorship" policy.