Sunday, August 28, 2005

haunts me

silver tree

I can't stop thinking about Vermont. I can't stop thinking about living there, about leaving New York, about quiet and peace and trees. More and more these are the things that make me most content and calm my tattered mind. I have not gotten on the subway or gone to Manhattan since I returned. I am truly a country person, I have realized. Odd that I have lived in the city so long. Now I have to figure out how to survive in the country (work-wise). I am going to seriously consider making it my goal to make the move in the next few years. It is good to have a goal, and this is one that I could manage, I think.

1 comment:

X said...

also ran across your site-- just read your "Vermont Longings," and as an ex-Manhattanite I can relate. I had those same ideas and justifications every time I left the boroughs- trees, green, clean air, and the slower pace. Now I miss a being a pedestrian, flowers on every corner, the liberation of mass transit, the wide variety of OPTIONS and sushi.