Wednesday, November 02, 2005


It was a colleague's birthday yesterday, and he had been given a huge batch of chocolate-chip cookies, brownies, and I ate many of them. Then, later, a student of mine who had just returned from Austria brought me a box of Austrian chocolate. I ate many of them. In the afternoon before teaching my last class I ate more chocolate; these chocolates were provided by the school (they give us a little "high tea" every afternoon, very nice). Later I ate two chocolate cupcakes, after dinner. I was hungry from swimming. So I had more chocolate in one day than I usually consume in a month. The result? I could not sleep. The combination of chocolate high and allergy attack (I am allergic to the chemicals they use in the pool) kept me up virtually all night. So now, at ten past six, I am totally exhausted. Damn.

No comments: