Wednesday, November 23, 2005

like stones around my neck

I should have known. Yesterday's hypomania could not last. As today progresses I feel myself sink. I want to go into some kind of deep-freeze for the next two days until the holiday passes. Or travel someplace far. B has the right idea, splitting town for the holiday. I am going to try something, though. I will not acknowledge that I feel depressed. I will act as though I am fine, and maybe in acting, I will become fine. I am determined, but I am also skeptical.

path and rocks

1 comment:

T.T. said...

Such a consolation to know that I'm not alone! I was depressed (still am) over the holiday and am making plans to split over Christmas because god damn, I can't take more hopelessness when there's so much "cheer" around me. I enjoy your blog.