Wednesday, December 21, 2005

sleep

sleep

I have reverse insomnia. I take 200-300 mg of desyrel (trazodone) about 11 pm. Usually an hour later I fall asleep quickly. The problem is staying asleep. I wake up automatically at 530 am. Even if I stay up until 230 or 3 (as I did on Monday night) I still wake up at 530. And going back to sleep is impossible. So I wake up, eyes burning with fatigue, and start my day. As you might imagine, I am quite tired writing this, and it is a bit before 1 pm.

The lack of sleep has lifted my depression. Yesterday I was hypomanic, talking rapidly, doing ten things at once. Today I feel fairly normal. I like feeling like this. Of course, my activity is limited because the strike is still going and there is no easy way to travel around the city. I wish that I had a bicycle, although there are rarely safe places to lock a bike in Manhattan.

No comments: