Monday, January 09, 2006

nice while it lasted

Well, my "normal mood" of yesterday was greatly appreciated, and quite nice while it lasted. Today I am manic, or rather hypomanic, my mood exaggerated, talking too fast, mind racing, feeling irritable and snappish but also outgoing, quite the opposite of my darker self.

I wish there were something I could do when I feel like this to tone it back down to yesterday's normal, fully functional self. But instead I feel like I am holding on with both hands to the back of a speeding car.

I may go swim in a bit. Physically exhausting myself would help. But I have a lot of work to do, and might just have to stay in and do it. I can swim tomorrow. If past patterns are any indication, this stage won't last more than a day or so at best.

No comments: