Thursday, March 02, 2006

whoring

A few weeks ago I found a note on my car. It said "your ride caught my eye. I am looking for cars to use in advertising shoots and film/tv shoots. Please call __________ if you are interested."

special

So I called a few days later. They pay a lot (it varies depending on the particulars) to use the car; they are fully insured and I could even go with the car if I was concerned that it might be mistreated. I would have to take a set of photos of the car, exterior and interior. So I thought "maybe."

When I picked the car up from the mechanic the other day and paid my $700+ bill (brakes, various related maintenance) I thought "I am definitely going to clean this car up and take those photographs."

1 comment:

medusa said...

cool! When I was little one of our neighbors had an antique car that they said was used in the movie, "Hello Dolly." I remember nothing about the family or their kids, and don't even know if I knew what "Hello Dolly" was, but I still remember that car and how fascinated I was by the fact that it was a "film star."