Saturday, April 08, 2006

tangle

tangle

I survived a stressful week. I am tired, and yesterday, moving equipment for my jazz band's performance at the Puck Building, I made my already-trashed back even worse so that today I can barely move. So, immobile, I sat at this computer and did my taxes. Now they are done and I hope there are no hideous errors. But if there are it is too late because they are on their way to the IRS.

Last night after my students performed I made a hasty exit. I was exhausted and had no desire to schmooze with all the alums, parents, colleagues, and others that were swarming around. I was annoyed with them; while my students gave a really stellar performance, they were yakking away rudely. Even the students themselves noticed it and felt bad. But they did a fantastic job, and their hard work, and mine, paid off.

No comments: