Friday, May 26, 2006

nostalgia

I just returned from numerous errands. First, since school is closed for a long weekend, I swam early. I felt good and fast. Then I went to Soho to the Apple store to buy a sleeve for my MacBook for protection during transport. Then, still in Soho, I went to Dean and Deluca to buy coffee. While there I had an immense nostalgia blast. I remembered when I first moved to New York. I would go into Dean and Deluca and feel so excited by the rows of perfect vegetables, the deluxe marble floors, the white-jacketed workers. Who cared that it was outrageously expensive because I was finally living in NEW YORK.

Today Dean and Deluca doesn't excite me so much. In fact it feels pretentious. A guy in front of me in the checkout line bought a $50 piece of cheese.

No comments: