Sunday, May 21, 2006

too cute?

tongue

I can't walk Mabel anywhere without being stopped every ten feet or so by people who are stunned by her cuteness. Even the ones who don't stop smile when they see her. She is unbelievably cute with this haircut, and her friendly personality makes her even more cute. So I stand there, overshadowed by my dog's cuteness, and get tired of answering the inevitable questions: Is this a puppy? What kind of dog? Is it a baby chow? I know that Mabel is flattered by the attention, but sometimes I don't want to be so friendly. I am preoccupied by the sword dangling over my head, which I hope will soon fly away, leaving me intact and unharmed.

I will receive my new MacBook laptop in a few days. I am excited. I will have internet access at school and in the numerous spots where wireless service is available. I hope the wireless will work in my apartment. Given the density of the population here it is almost guaranteed. Also the laptop can sit on my drafting table next to the piano, so I can compose more efficiently.


No comments: