Sunday, June 11, 2006

about town

The weather this weekend was amazing. So I was out and about. To west Chelsea (galleries, Comme des Garçons store), downtown (stop at Chelsea market to buy dandelion greens and pancetta) and then continuing down to the West Village. There I found the elusive Martin Margiela store--having a sale but I didn't buy anything--which is unmarked. Inside everything is whitewashed except the clothes and the very friendly staff. Last night there were ungodly loud fireworks--traumatically loud--in anticipation of the Puerto Rican Parade. I saw the parade today when I went with Y to Barney's. It is sale time and I bought a shirt that unfortunately was not on sale but I wanted it anyway. Now I have to stop spending money for a while.

R train downtown

1 comment:

medusa said...

Ah, that's what the fireworks were for. I had no clue, but they were really loud in my neighborhood as well. So loud that I couldn't tell if they were coming from the front of the apartment (the direction of Prospect Park) or the back (East River) because both were so noisy.