Wednesday, June 21, 2006

tangled up


feet etc.
Originally uploaded by madabandon.
Well today started out wonderfully. I woke early and took advantage of the cool morning to wax my car, which now shines resplendently red and attracts the glances of passing admirers. Then I went for a swim and mostly had the lane to myself. On the way walking home I decided to tackle some small home repairs, so I stopped at the hardware store and bought a new attachment for the faucet on the kitchen sink as well as a sprayer handle for the spray attachment. Arriving home, I made some coffee and installed the faucet part. Beautiful. I should have stopped there. Why? Because after replacing the sprayer, the faucet did not work at all. No water. Nothing. I found the handyman for the building, and he fixed it, I thought, but about twenty minutes later it stopped working again. So I resigned myself to replacing the entire faucet and calling a plumber to install it, at considerable cost. It is true that the faucet had been malfunctioning for years and in the back of my mind I knew it had to be replaced, but I had neither budgeted for it, nor expected that my own attempts to spiff it up would result in its demise. But you know what? I don't care so much.

No comments: