Monday, November 06, 2006

morning fog


morning fog
Originally uploaded by madabandon.

I feel lost in a morning fog despite the deep sleep I enjoyed last night. The weekend flew by. I had a school function that occupied the greater part of Saturday and which thoroughly exhausted me. Yesterday I wandered around, going from Chelsea Market down to the west village and then across town to Union Square. Near 14th Street and the West Side Highway there was a huge film shoot. Dozens of cars were strewn about, all coated with a thick layer of grime; fake grass grew out of the cracks in the sidewalk; there was a quality of post-apocalyptic quiet. It looked to be a big budget film. What was funny was how the techies were trying so hard to keep people from walking through the set. Film shoots are annoying enough: they disrupt traffic and parking, inconveniencing locals without recompense. So when I was approached by a guy who exhorted me to walk another way uptown, I just looked at him, my eyebrows slightly raised, and continued on my way.

No comments: