Friday, November 03, 2006


old tree
Originally uploaded by madabandon.

Yesterday was one of those days in which I could not seem to catch up. In the morning, while I was getting dressed, I realized I could not find my favorite sweater. I had picked it up from the cleaners' on Monday and now it is nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere. It was old, a gray cashmere v-neck that even had a hole in it, but I loved it. So I was almost late for school. There, the students were very distracted and my patience wore thin, almost to the breaking point. I had errands to run in Manhattan after class, and completed those successfully. At home I started working; I had to teach another class at 3:30. At 2:51 the phone rang; it was my doctor calling to tell me that I was supposed to be having an appointment (it started at 2:30). Luckily she is nearby so I dropped everything and ran over. The remainder of the day continued in similar "running to catch the train" feeling, until I passed out at 10:45, aided by trazodone and clonazepam.

No comments: