Thursday, April 12, 2007

home sweet home


trashed lot
Originally uploaded by madabandon.

Well, California, here I come (not!). It's too late in the year for me to do such a drastic move, and I don't have the mental clarity to address such a huge step right now, one of the busiest months in recent memory. I am flattered to be courted, and if this were a different time I would probably jump at this opportunity. But to move to the other side of the country, far away from my family and friends, at this point in my life, seems too hard. I would be going solo, and the only way I can see myself making a move like this is with a partner, or at least if I were not deeply entangled in a relationship. But it is not time to uproot. The one thing that really does entice me is the idea of ridding myself of virtually all my possessions and starting fresh, just me, Mabel and Patsy, my piano, and my music and art. But this may be something I can do this summer anyway. I plan on ridding myself of fifty per-cent of all material possessions. Wish me luck. It's harder than it sounds.

2 comments:

SHE said...

it is nice to be courted even if the timing is off

and yes -good luck w/the elimination of material things

i am working on a similar liberating experience myself (very, very slowly).

about a boy said...

i need to clean house.