Friday, June 08, 2007

veiled


silk
Originally uploaded by madabandon.

Today is my first day with no welbutrin, after six days of gradually reduced doses. I feel like my mind is swaddled in padding, veiled from clarity. This is strange, but not unpleasant. I am having some odd physical symptoms: insomnia, muscle pain, headache. I did swim yesterday, which felt good, and I will probably swim again today. That should help.

Right now on WNYC Brian Lehrer is considering the mayor's congestion-pricing plan. While I am adamantly for any environmentally-friendly policies, this one seems misguided. It will simply be a tax on the less-affluent, further dividing New York into a city of haves and have-nots. This is already too far along, this split. I was a party last evening for a colleague, and was discussing this with a guy whom I've known for years, worked with, etc. We were both lamenting the suburbanization of New York, and hoping that the crime rate would creep up just enough to scare off the people who really should be living in Westchester or New Jersey. I know I have harped on this topic before, but I am somewhat obsessed.

1 comment:

SHE said...

this ability to coexist with a veiled clarity -but recognize it at the same time

ranks very high on the health & well being charts.

and this:

"...hoping that the crime rate would creep up just enough to scare off the people who really should be living in Westchester or New Jersey."

is just plain funny!

so add, sense of humor and things are looking good