Wednesday, August 08, 2007

enormous changes at the last minute


Spencer
Originally uploaded by madabandon.

This is Spencer, my aunt's puppy. He has nothing to do with this post, but he is so cute that I wanted to post his picture here.

Rather than go to Montreal, I am taking advantage of a generous invitation and going back to Hudson for a few days. Montreal was going to be a quick trip, lots of driving and relatively short stay. So I reconsidered, and will go there during the year for a week, giving myself and my traveling companions more time to enjoy ourselves (and also cooler weather, since cities are best enjoyed in times other than summer as far as I am concerned).

So I will have a nice sojourn in my beloved upstate locale, see the horses, cook on the grill, swim in the pool, and generally relax. And a two-hour drive beats a seven-hour drive any time.

Apparently the city is in a mess due to the enormous storms that occurred this morning. I have to say I slept through most of it, which is sort of miraculous, given my usually shallow sleeping patterns. There was a tornado in Bay Ridge, according to what I am hearing. Scary.

1 comment:

SHE said...

-adorable!

and big yes! -two hour drive; beats seven hour drive anytime

"to a wonderful sojourn"