Monday, June 08, 2009

travel

This July I will be traveling in Germany. I will start in Berlin and then spend a few days at a choral music festival in Wernigerode, an incredily well preserved town in the Harz Mountains known particularly for a beautiful castle perched high on a mountaintop. I will then return to Berlin, but can't stay for long because I must be back in NYC to rehearse for a premiere later that month. I am excited to go. It has been a very long time since I have traveled to Europe. Berlin in particular sounds like a wonderful place for me. I have imagined myself becoming utterly charmed by the art scene there and becoming an ex-pat, although my significant obligations and ties here would make that hard to do on any kind of permanent basis. I do hope to find some opportunities for performing and composing over there; the European scene is wonderfully diverse, and public appreciation for non-pop music is high. So now I am planning; I've already booked my plane tickets. If anyone has any recommendations for a good affordable hotel in Berlin please let me know. Thanks!

4 comments:

SHE said...

~ safe, wonderful travels wished for you ~

look forward to your posts & pictures

i've never been..

may never go..

so, -grateful for traveling blogger friends

"to the music in you!"

love, ~s.

medusa said...

Have a great trip!

chanee said...

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
Facebook รวมแชต IG อัพเดตใหม่ ดูไม่ดี มีงง

โรซ่า said...

Hello, we have a game to recommend.

เว็บ แทง บอล ไม่มี ขั้น ต่ํา
UFABET เว็บตรง
แทง บอล ชุด
สมัคร ufabet
ป๊อกเด้งออนไลน์ขั้นต่ำ1บาท

Thank you for your interest."