Saturday, January 15, 2005

blur

more and more I feel that living is like being trapped in a jar and the irony is my life probably seems enviable to many. If I could describe how I feel in a few words, or many words (that is what I try to do here) but like Ana Mendieta all I can do is imprint myself somehow, like a thumb pressed into the sand and then let the impression slowly fade away the way memories of significance do. Memories fade until those things I remember clearly are "insignificant," not symbols or signs but just a taste, something I saw once, a glimpse of someone's hair. If you fall from the 34th floor, is your body pulverized beyond recognition? Ana Mendieta's work foretold her fate. She made what is tangible intangible. Music is intangible, always. I should become intangible. Like this photograph, I fade from sight.

No comments: