Sunday, January 16, 2005

National Public Radio

I was just interviewed by a reporter for NPR. We met in Manhattan, at the edge of Chelsea. It took some wandering before we found a quiet place where she could record our conversation. The subject was inderal, which is a beta-blocker, a drug that I and many performing musicians use to quell the physical symptoms of nervousness. Inderal really works, but some feel that there is an ethical dilemma (like steroid use among professional athletes). I was articulate for the most part, but when she asked me to give a quick description of the kind of music I write, I was at a loss. Someone help me. If anyone reading this has listened to any of my music, I am open to any suggestions.

It was flattering to be interviewed. It has happened before but it always gives me a little lift. Then, her questions finished, I walked back out to the cold street and got on the subway and was just another ordinary guy riding to Brooklyn.

No comments: