Friday, March 04, 2005

dread

This evening I will have dinner with my father, who is coming to NYC on business, and my brother, and one of my father's associates from his law firm, and some other lawyers who are friends of my brother. I will be the only person there who is not a lawyer. I dread this evening. I get quite agitated when I am with my father and brother, for many reasons, none too pleasant. But if I take my medication, and if I have a drink, and if they talk about something other than law, it might not be too bad. We will go to Chinatown, because my father's associate is a Chinese woman. She has recently returned from a long trip to China, and my brother tells me that she has brought me CDs of Chinese opera. I am very excited about that, and touched that my father told her about me.

No comments: