Wednesday, March 30, 2005

lost

I wrote a post about the argument that Y. and I had last evening, one that I still don't really understand, but that left him angry and me confused and frustrated and sad. But somehow the post disappeared, so I will not attempt to recreate it.

But prior to the argument we attended a benefit art show and sale for the Drug Policy Alliance at Cheim & Read Gallery in Chelsea. The show was interesting: works by Clemente, Nan Goldin, Larry Clark, Kara Walker, Yayoi Kusama, Nara, Jenny Holzer, among others. I met Sean Lennon, who performed. I saw old friends and met other interesting artists. It was fun, at least until the end, when Y. got so mad at me that he stormed off and disappeared for hours, leaving me in a state of worry and despair. Oh well. I wonder if any relationship is worth the agony that these situations create for me.

No comments: