Monday, October 17, 2005

leaves

leaves

Yesterday I stayed in. I had work to do for school, nothing very time-consuming, but since I could not use my car, and since most of the subways were messed up, I opted to spend the beautiful day slothfully. I watched Gregg Araki's "Totally Fucked Up," about gay kids in LA. It was shot like a documentary (though it was not) and touching, sad, and disturbing. The bleakness of their outlook--most having been rejected by their families, and, like so many, in search of love and plain acceptance--brought back so many memories that I was overwhelmed, and so I went to sleep. In the middle of a beautiful sunny day I slept, feeling so exhausted that no amount of sleep could be enough. And then I went to bed early and slept straight until morning. I still feel tired.

Now I have a lot to do. And I have to call the mechanic to see if they can fix the car this week. I discovered that the brake lights are out. I hope they weren't out during my drive back on Saturday, because if they were, then it is really miraculous that I was not killed. As it was I almost crashed into the wall driving through the Holland Tunnel.

No comments: