Sunday, March 19, 2006

glaring

column

What a weekend this was. On Friday, after a leisurely day (school was closed) I hung out with M and stayed up much much too late. Saturday I wandered around in a daze. After a nap, I went to Town Hall to hear Stereolab. I had seen them a few years ago with BQ at Irving Plaza. I love Stereolab, and they did not disappoint me. Such fine musicians, such amazing layers of sound. But Town Hall is strange; it is a concert hall with concert hall seating, and after the first song the singer exhorted everyone to stand. I needed no encouragement, and danced the evening away. The crowd was oddly sober, like they were going to see a lecture. Strange.

Then after not enough sleep again I drove to PA with M to attend a brunch for my cousin's birthday. It was fun and I saw my nephews and my other cousin and my aunt. I was exhausted the whole time, and after driving back--with me bleary-eyed behind the wheel hoping I could stay awake--I had a wave of intense dizziness, practically passing out. Luckily M was there to see to it that I was ok. I still feel quite dizzy and out of sorts. But the weekend, while not exactly relaxing, was great.

No comments: