Sunday, March 12, 2006

sense

Lodgerlow writes:
No don't do it! Don't move to where you'll be by yourself. It's not healthy. Let those with kids and husbands live in the reclaimed farmhouses. Young and single and smart and talented with a tendency to ruminate... the city is the right place for you.

A pretty place is a nice place to visit... but not to live.
I think this is good advice. Unless you have a family, one would quickly become alienated. People are friendly there, but if you are a "queer" they will no doubt feel uncomfortable--at least many of them--and I have no more desire to live in a place where I would feel self-conscious. I am self-conscious enough already. But it is beautiful, it is my "home" (where I grew up) and I have always loved the land there, the trees, the low hills and small mountains, the huge Delaware River.

No comments: