Tuesday, June 27, 2006

doing things

green door

Surprisingly, this photo has generated a lot of attention. The house in the picture is a very run-down brownstone, one of the worst in the neighborhood; for a long time a schizophrenic ex-con lived there, smoking crack and running around the neighborhood (occasionally naked) breaking into cars and menacing people. I hear he is back in jail, but that is not the best place for him. He should be in a hospital somewhere.

Yesterday a few hours after swimming I had a horrible allergy attack again and had to take two benadryl. I was due to meet Bao for dinner at 9:30 and at 6 pm I passed out, luckily waking at 8:30. I am glad dinner was late or I would have slept through it. Bao looked good, relaxed and suntanned especially compared to pale old me) but I was pretty much out of it (sorry Bao) and kept forgetting what I was talking about in mid-sentence. Coming home on the subway, I fell asleep, which I almost never do. Luckily I woke up before my stop, or who knows where I might have ended up. That benadryl is strong stuff, but it does work.

This morning I drove to Fairway in Red Hook, that amazing market, and bought food for the week and for dinner tomorrow, when Theo is coming. I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

John said...

You've been busy. Made me tired just reading about all that activity.

The house doesn't look run down. Looks a bit des res. Did the schizophrenic ex-con own it or rent it, or was he just squatting?