Sunday, August 13, 2006

adieu (for a while)

Tomorrow very early I will set off for my country escape. I have been trying to pack my stuff in an organized fashion, rather than my usual haphazard style. I am trying to bring the minimum of stuff, although the work I need to do requires more than I would ideally bring. I will not have much internet access, just dial-up, and don't intend to post to my blog much. I'll see how I feel.

Yesterday Y and I went to Robt. Moses, to the beach. The weather was perfect. Y lost his cellphone when we were leaving, but amazingly, it turned up and when I called his number, one last sad attempt to find it, a lifeguard answered. He was disappointed that Y was not a girl. He couldn't be the valiant stud to rescue some distressed damsel. Parking the car back in Brooklyn I miscalculated and crunched the parking light on the driver side of my car. Oh well.

It is time to get out of NYC; the tourists are frightening in their abundance and I need to spend time in the woods, wandering, playing with Mabel, and getting outside my normal daily life for a bit.

water (3)

No comments: