Tuesday, February 06, 2007

slow climbing


stairs
Originally uploaded by madabandon.

My mind is playing tricks on me. After my performance last evening I was really down. I felt that I played badly. We did not have adequate time for a proper sound check, and the guitar and the drums in particular were so loud that I could hardly hear myself or the bass. While I was playing I was actually thinking that it was disastrous. Then after I got home and got up my nerve I listened to a recording of the set, and it actually was about one million times better than what I had expected. So I then felt relieved, because leaving the concert I was so down that I had a hard time being gracious receiving the usual compliments and congratulations. Once I edit the tracks I may put one or two on my website.

No comments: