Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Who Am I?

  • I travel the world to find great indigenous ensembles. I bring them into a recording studio and capture them doing their thing.
  • I steal this work wholesale (although hopefully I pay the musicians well, and maybe give them royalties).
  • I can't write a decent melody so I create a kind of numbing patter-song over top of the ethnic music in which I have wrapped myself.
  • I release this as an album and the Starbucks-music crowd laps it up, buying hundreds of thousands of my recordings, allowing me to live in sumptuous style while enjoying a reputation as a pop-culture superstar.
  • my initials are P.S.

1 comment:

SHE said...

are you talking about paul simon?

i've always been drawn to that "world beat" -african music & dance among my favorites

had never quite processed it as you do here, but big difference between layman ears and composer ears

love, ~s.