Sunday, July 27, 2008

more (will it ever end?)


Well, I had vowed that my shopping would end with the purchase of my bike. But yesterday I made my way, once again, to Secaucus NJ. My destination? The DWR Annex, the site of most of my best furniture finds. And lo and behold, I found a rare Eames Case Study bedside table. I have always wanted the case study bed (in the picture), but it can't fit into the elevator of my building. But the bedside table is another item I've longed for. And it was marked down ridiculously, unlike most of the stuff at the annex, seemingly priced for a vanished class of I-bankers. I think they discounted it because it appeared to have a large stain, which upon close inspection revealed itself to be easily removed. So I carted it home, and it sits next to my bed now, its ample drawer filled with various items, its large surface home to my radio and a pile of books. I think that now my bedroom is complete, although a new dresser would be great one day.

Note: the picture is NOT my room; the shoes are a giveaway. Strange as I might be sometimes, I don't wear shoes like that, ever. And as I said, I don't have a case study bed.

3 comments:

SHE said...

that is another great purchase! even though i don't know how much it cost originally,

i know the value of "marked down ridiculously"

and that's the time to buy!

congrats, love, ~s.

chanee said...

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
เอแคร์ มานิตา เปิดวาร์ป สาวเซเว่นสุดคิวต์

boy said...

This is my blog. Click here.
เคล็ดลับแทงบอลออนไลน์ให้ได้เงิน"