For most of my life I have been content with a large degree of solitude. My mom used to tell me how lucky I am because my music and art would, in her eyes, keep me company and make me strong and independent. But in the past years, I have grown increasingly unsettled by solitude, feeling a kind of panic at the idea of being by myself--not physically as much as emotionally--and I have tried to avoid it. Friday night, when I was on the verge of flipping out, worried about Y and feeling like it was completely over, my friend ML hung out with me and helped me make it through a tortured evening. I was describing my incredible fear of being alone. And yet, this morning, after a weekend of intense emotions and decisions, I felt so content. For the first time in a long time I slept an uninterrupted sleep, and woke feeling energetic. Walking Mabel just now, I smiled at the beautiful azaleas blooming on my block. Mabel was so happy, and I felt generous to the people all around me. Thanks, Matt. Thanks, Thierry. Thanks, Bao, for shaking me and making me see what matters.
Monday, May 09, 2005
one
For most of my life I have been content with a large degree of solitude. My mom used to tell me how lucky I am because my music and art would, in her eyes, keep me company and make me strong and independent. But in the past years, I have grown increasingly unsettled by solitude, feeling a kind of panic at the idea of being by myself--not physically as much as emotionally--and I have tried to avoid it. Friday night, when I was on the verge of flipping out, worried about Y and feeling like it was completely over, my friend ML hung out with me and helped me make it through a tortured evening. I was describing my incredible fear of being alone. And yet, this morning, after a weekend of intense emotions and decisions, I felt so content. For the first time in a long time I slept an uninterrupted sleep, and woke feeling energetic. Walking Mabel just now, I smiled at the beautiful azaleas blooming on my block. Mabel was so happy, and I felt generous to the people all around me. Thanks, Matt. Thanks, Thierry. Thanks, Bao, for shaking me and making me see what matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment