Thursday, February 16, 2006

tempus fugit

It hardly seems possible that nearly a week has passed since I left for Boston.

boston

The hotel was very nice and I had a room on the nineteenth floor which afforded me this great view of Cambridge and Back Bay. Boston is dull, though; as much as it is charming, its energy is quite low-key, almost too much for me.

Friday night in Cambridge, we went to eat at one of the "hot" Boston restaurants. It was quite expensive and housed in a strange shopping complex off of Brattle Street at Harvard Square. Once inside I saw one of my former students eating there with her friends. They are all Harvard students. Where do they get the money to eat at such a place? The food was ok, nothing great; while the dishes on the menu sounded wonderful, they did not live up to their promise. But no one goes to Boston for fine dining. Or at least I hope not.

No comments: