Monday, March 05, 2007

cold


winter drive
Originally uploaded by madabandon.

For someone who lived four years in Chicago and four years in upstate New York, not to mention eighteen years in rural Pennsylvania, I have surprisingly low tolerance for the cold. This was not always the case. I remember having to be convinced to buy a hat in the Chicago winter, because of my vanity and the fact that I did not suffer in the cold there, which was far worse than here in NYC. But lately when it is cold I am just freezing and shivering, no matter how aptly dressed I am. Ever since I got very ill, almost eleven years ago, I have not tolerated the cold well. There are a few good schools with open positions (that I would be quite well-suited for) in the Los Angeles area. It doesn't seem so far-fetched. Except I would not like driving so much. I prefer walking, the subway or the bus when possible.

1 comment:

SHE said...

you'd love the climate here in california

don't rule out the san francisco/northern half

there must be some positions available here too

but i do highly, HIGHLY, recommend finding a living space within easy mass transit or walking distance of your teaching space

because let's say, climate improved your quality of life by a 10.

driving/traffic can = a -15 or worse

but if you can find a teaching position with close place to live

i bet it's something you will have wished you did many years ago

and so i offer a blog toast

"to positive changes!"

cheers!