Monday, July 21, 2008

bike


For the past year or more I have thought of purchasing a bike. I was an avid bicyclist in high school and during the summers when I would leave NYC for Vermont; while at the MacDowell Colony I probably spent half my time biking through the beautiful New Hampshire landscape. Now, many years later and one knee surgery behind me, I decided to go for it. I went into Manhattan and purchased a wonderful invention, particularly for urbanites: a folding bike, a Dahon Curve D3, pictured above. I rode it back from Soho, down into lower Manhattan, across the Brooklyn Bridge and to my building. Later I rode to Dumbo park to watch the sunset. This marks the end of my buying season. Here's an inventory: ceiling fan, television, furniture, bicycle. Enough already.

1 comment:

SHE said...

great purchase!